The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), a part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, helps ALPS increase their performance and deliver more projects On Time In Full (OTIF), through analysing existing projects to find areas of improvement.
- Architectural Louvre Products and Services Limited (ALPS) were unsuccessful in delivering an acceptable number of projects On Time In Full (OTIF).
- ALPS approached the MTC to facilitate the up-skilling of their senior management team to drive efficiencies and productivity, ultimately becoming a high performing and self-managing team.
- The MTC created a plan for improvement by analysing previous client project following the ‘5 Whys’ approach.
- The findings were communicated to the ALPS senior management team and a team-working exercise was developed to instil and embed a best working practice approach.
- Actions were identified where suppliers of logistics, engineering and paint finishing were batched to create cost savings and efficient materials handling.