A move to specialise in aerospace engineering brought with it a number of challenges.
• To reduce waste
• To cut costs
• Improve workflow set-up
• Provided an initial ‘walk-the-line’ to assess the company which revealed a ‘bottleneck’ in inspection
• Devised plan to re-configure workflow set up and proposal to either purchase new equipment to ease the ‘bottleneck’ or find alternative solution.
• Alternative solution found to the bottleneck without need to purchase new equipment
• Final inspection removed and done in the production process
Benefit to the client
• Improved productivity from streamlined workflow
• Reduction in costs
• Company-whole approach to resolving the issue
Delivery from the MTC was very, very good. The employees that were involved bought into all and really took it on. I'm very proud of them all.
Having run the business for a number of years, I have found this very motivating to see everybody's reaction
Graham Harris, Managing Director, Harris RSC Engineering